Wednesday, August 31, 2011

We Want to Know

This week's questions are about cell phones and OMG I am ADDICTED to mine! So link up with Mamarazzi and Alicia aka Queso for your own cell phone Q&A!

Photobucket

{1}Do you prefer to text or call?
This is totally dependant on the situation! If I am preoccupied with other things like cooking dinner, having a conversation with the hubs, and by the end of September watching my shows (kidding, but not really because I think ABC monopolizes my free time in the fall), I prefer a text because it is better for multitasking. However, if the conversation is surrounding serious topics, a phone call is more appropriate.  A text is good when we are meeting for lunch and you're in a crowded restaurant so you send me a text "Where are you?" A text is not appropriate for something like "OMG I am pregnant!" or "I just got in a car wreck." Call me for this these things so I can properly express my excitement or concern!

{2}What is the last text message in your phone and who is it from?
The last message in my phone is from the hubs and it says "Nope."  He is a man of many words! ;-)

{3}What are your favorite phone apps?
I don't really use any apps because I am a black berry user.  Technically, facebook is an app so it is totally my favorite. I also use bejeweled for those boring minutes you sit in the doctor's office waiting for your turn to be examined. OH! AND I bought Oregon Trail for 99 cents. Best. Purchase. Ever.

{4}At what age do you think kids are ready for a cell phone?
This is a tough one because I do think the increased technology our children will have access to just creates a bigger opportunity for them to lie and hide things.  I am thinking I am going to be that awful mean Mom who won't let their kids have a cell phone until they can have a job to pay for it. Which means they will be at least 16.

{5}Share a current pic or video taken with your phone.
This was taken as we were leaving Wal Mart the other night. I thought it was karma's way of giving me a peace offering after the horrendous hour spent inside of the store.

I know this wasn't part of the questions this week but I just need to take a minute and rant about the awful grammar habits that texting is producing for many people. PLEASE, for the love of all things holy, do NOT sent me a text with abbreviated words, "u" for "you" and "r" for "are" and so on and so forth. Type the dang word out! You're offending my respect for words and the awesomeness of flowing them together with proper spelling.

2 comments:

  1. I don't get that either. It's not like a newspaper ad and you have save on letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sky pic is AMAZING!!

    i am with ya on a situation decision on text or call.

    ReplyDelete