Friday, August 19, 2011

It's Okay Friday

It's Okay...

*To have bawled my eyes out at the conclusion of the above book. I read this horrendous review on it so it took me over a year to actually break down and read the book my Mom gave me. I should have trusted my Mom.  It was phenomenal and I can only assume that the person who reviewed it so terribly doesn't understand the bonds of horses and humans, or how deeply they run, or how healing these beautiful creatures can be, or how powerful relationships forged in a home surrounded by these majestic creatures can be. Either way, it was a phenomenal book.  It's okay that I loved it despite the reviews on it. Who says what I should read anyway?!

*To make the occasional bad meal. Like last night for instance, my husband got home an hour and half later than he was supposed to and the dinner dried out in the oven. It wasn't the most offensive thing I have ever eaten, but it tasted a lot better at 7:00 than it did at 8:30. Sad day.

*To intend to cook some delicious chicken version of taco ring tonight to make up for said bad dinner.  13 points a serving? Yes please, it will be worth it.

*To have gotten multiple phone calls from my favorite little people this week because they figured out how to speed dial on their Dad's phone.  I think it is the best thing they have learned since their ABC's.

*To eat six pounds of watermelon in one sitting. Yeah, I said it, SIX POUNDS.

*To be fashionably offended every time I see the lady at work who wears socks and sneakers with her skirts.

Happy Friday!!

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahahahahahaha! SIX POUNDS???? WOW!!!! And all I can say about the socks and sneakers with the skirt is:

    "My name is Tiffany! YEAH!
    I wear Socks & Tennies! YEAH!
    Drives you nuts? YEAH!
    Hey, it takes GUTS! YEAH!
    MY NAME IS TIFFANY! WOOOOOO!"

    Add all the appropriate jumps and cartwheels!

    ReplyDelete