Monday, October 17, 2011

In 24 Hours or Less...

This weekend the hubs and I went to Rock Springs to visit the family. The hubs ALWAYS works on Saturdays so we never get to go anywhere for very long...in fact when we do go to see the family it is literally for less than 24 hours! I don't mind the driving in the good weather and mostly the hubs drives anyway. Plus, it is always nice to see everyone so it makes it worth it!  This weekend we took a family picture....
It was a special occasion because we all rarely end up in the same place at once so even though Doug and I are in Wyoming t-shirts I thought it was a great success.  Then, there was this one...
...which Doug thought was a great success.  What I love is everyone's face in this picture! If you aren't lucky enough to know my husband, I strongly recommend becoming his BFF on the double. He can make people laugh more than any person on this earth. It is one of the many reason I love his face.

My Mom-in-law made a full on turkey dinner for dinner on Saturday night and everyone ate plenty. I was going to by pass the green bean casserole so I could eat more sweet potatoes but the boys made sure none of that went to waste. I learned this weekend those Hammond boys are serious about their green bean casserole!

Everyone went and played Sardines on Saturday night but I wasn't feeling well (gee, could it be I gorged myself on that food?) so I stayed home and slept. It was a delightful sleep!

We got to see baby Cooper, who at nearly 5 months old only weighs 3 more pounds than the Hubs did when we was born!
Then before we left town we squeezed in a quick visit with Emma for her birthday.  I can't believe how much she looks like a little girl now and no longer a baby. Where does the time go???
It's always an adventure when you travel in Wyoming and like I mentioned before, I rarely drive. However, the Hubs was feeling tired and asked me to switch with him at Wamsucker. I mean Wamsutter. He never really sleeps when someone else is driving - I would say he has control issues - but he did at least get a little bit of rest in. Until....
...don't worry, our tire didn't blow out. I was just coming up on a tire that HAD blown out.  I quickly evaluated my options and due to the traffic, changing lanes wasn't an option. So I just said, "Ah, hell" and straddled the debris.  It hit the bottom of the car a wee bit but nothing that would cause damage. Doug laughed the remainder of the way home over the fact that I just accepted my fate with an "Ah, hell" - but what else can you do?


1 comment:

  1. I freaking love that you stopped and took a picture of the tire!

    ...you know you're from Wyoming WHEN...you know where Wamsutter is.

    ReplyDelete