Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Road Trips?!

I have been a blogging failure lately...a lot has been happening in my life and then I got super sick so I figured what better way to catch up than to link up with Mamarazzi and Alicia aka Queso for We Want to Know Wednesday.



Photobucket

{1} What are 3 must haves for a long road trip?
Well I always have to pack my own snacks.  Before I was dieting, this was easy. The answer was Diet Coke, Zingers and a Slim Jim. However, since I decided I shouldn't look like a chunker on our cruise, diet coke has been replaced with water - lots and lots of water. The Slim Jims and Zingers have been replaced with fresh fruit and veggies. If I pack lots of healthy, crunchy stuff to munch on I won't cave and buy bad-for-you treats at the gas stations. Oh and music. If I bundle the snacks into one must have I can make music my 3rd!

{2} What was the destination of your most recent road trip?
The Mile High City (Denver, CO) for a production of Les Miserables...which was PHENOM.

{3} What do you miss most about home when on a trip?
My bed! This is going to make me sound like such a snot but I have really lovely, expensive, high-quality bedding and a mattress to die for. Even the fancy hotels leave something to be desired of my sleeping experience.

{4} What is the furthest you have traveled on a road trip?
Oh goodness...I would say 800 miles? I am not totally certain but I would be willing to bet the longest I traveled was when I went and bought the bean and had to drive it 800 plus miles back to Wyoming.

{5} Will you "stop for the largest ball of twine, etc" or are you a "hurry and get there" road tripper?
I am totally a hurry and get there kind of gal.  Unless there is a restaurant along the way that has been featured on the Food Network. If that is the case I will starve an additional 4 hours just to wait for that particular restaurant to eat lunch. For the most part though, when I am road tripping, the exciting stuff is whomever or whatever is waiting for me at my destination so I skip the land marks.

3 comments:

  1. oooh restaurants featured on the food network would most def be a stop...

    gotta have my celery on the road and well everywhere actually.

    thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious as to where in Wyoming, as I am a Wyoming girl myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lust after your bedding. Seriously.
    Giving up the diet coke takes off major pooch, but I went back to it. I'll stop for a while before Hawaii though.

    ReplyDelete