Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Once, Twice, Three times a ……. Diva?

Sheesh this wedding business is time consuming! It’s official. I have two dresses AND I will wear two dresses. Yep. I said it. Two. You see, my oldest sister has this long-sleeved beauty that is custom made all the way from England and we commonly refer to it as the “sister dress.” It has seen a lot of weddings. It has been worn by some awesome ladies. The legend must live on. When it arrived I didn’t think I was going to fit into it. I mean for Pete’s sake we are talking about four different women here, four different body types, four different ages of the brides-to-be at the time of marriage...but by some “Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants” style miracle, it zipped. It needs a good cleaning, a few adjustments to modernize it, a hoop skirt to wear under it….but it is official that I will wear two dresses during this wedding extravaganza.

I justify this in many ways….firstly, it is my day (or two) and I am only doing it once so I can do what I want. How’s that for an attitude? Secondly, it will be December and I am going to be cold. I am going to need long sleeves for those outdoor pictures at the temple – bright pink arms are very unbecoming. Thirdly, I need two dresses because I am having two separate occasions. That way at both events the dresses are crisp, wrinkle-free, clean and ready for action. Finally, well, did I already say I do what I want?

Ok, so this is a little unorthodox, but what about my life have I ever done the way people say I should? Methinks the answer to that is: nothing. We are 65 days out. Did I mention we haven’t done flowers yet? Mom, are you reading this? We need to do flowers….

4 comments:

  1. Ayz, the flowers you WANT for your ceremony aren't even AVAILABLE until Thanksgiving. Go ahead, sweet thing, you trot your little unorthodox butt right out there and let me know how many salmon pink poinsettias you find to start the flower process. Oh yeah, and the pine garland and the pine cones. Need I say more? Diva you may be, but you lack the money of Whitney, Celine, Mariah or any of your generational wanna-be Divas to spring these flowers into the Laramie market in October, so you will have to wait until said flowers become available in our local market! (-: Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly the attitude you should have so that you have the wedding you want and never regret any part of your special day(s)! And also, don't sweat the flowers. We had less than 65 days to plan my entire wedding and the flowers were beautiful! Good luck! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't matter if you have one, two or four dresses. It's your wedding, do it your way. It will all come together and will be perfect! The next two months will fly by! Can't wait to see you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go you! Girl you do everything you want to do!!!! that will be awesome. I cant wait to see both those dresses on!!

    ReplyDelete