Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wedding talk? Nah, let’s talk football.

I am going to throw out the disclaimer that this blog is LONG overdue. It is not wedding related at all, and for that reason I think I will love writing it. It is always a challenge for me to talk about anything lately and not squeeze the wedding into it!

About a month ago Doug and I were given the opportunity to experience some really awesome things football related…and we enjoyed every second of our football packed weekend.

We started our Saturday off with the grand opening of the Wildcatter stadium suites with my Mom. It was a pretty awesome privilege to get to see the game from up there! UW lost but that seems completely irrelevant. We got to see what a phenomenal facility they turned out to be. They are SO NICE!!!! Let me just throw that out there. There are private suites but there is a big general area (which is where we were at) full of tables and chairs, stadium style seating in rows, a bar with stools…lots of cool things. We ate delicious food and watched the football game. You might think being so far up and away from the field would be less exciting but I actually thought that the view provided from that level of height (Bird’s Eye they say????) was quite phenomenal, and despite the loss, we still bleed brown and gold.

The following day we got the opportunity to go to the Denver Broncos game. I am a Colts fan through and through but Doug cheers for the Broncos and I have never been to a professional football game in my whole entire life, so I was totally jacked for the experience! They played the Seattle Seahawks AND they won – which made it even more exciting! I didn’t own a single thing Broncos (can you blame a girl, orange is SOOOOO not my color) so before we left town Doug bought me a t-shirt that sports the Bronco head so I would fit right in. It was incredibly hot in Denver that day and I forgot sun block so I burned to a crisp! However, it was pretty incredible to see a football game like that in person.

The half time show was a silent gun drill that the Marine Corps put on. It was pretty incredible. They marched in unison, did the gun drills in sync, stayed in perfect formation and all of it without one. Single. Sound. Not a count off. Not a beat. Nothing. It was amazing.

It was a fun weekend full of football madness and for two days I didn’t talk about the wedding to Doug…..I think he thought it was the greatest gift a woman could give.

2 comments:

  1. Ayz, Ayz, Ayz.... have I taught you NOTHING?! Do. Not. Let. Them. Have. an ENTIRE. Weekend. of Football. EVER!! You're not even married yet and already, you are slipping in the training department! Douglas..... you may have pulled the wool over her eyes, but I have been married almost 32 years... I KNOW all the tricks!! :-) Glad you had fun my dears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that sounds like an awesome weekenD!!! i would love to go to an NFL game. and i knew we got along, i love the colts! Im glad your doing well, im excited to see you in a couple of weeks. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete