Monday, October 18, 2010

Tuxes vs. Wedding Dresses = Tuxes Win


I have decided that the men get it easy when it comes to weddings. When I went dress shopping…………….well actually we don’t need to rehash that because there is a whole blog dedicated to it, but "simple" is not a word I would use to describe it. However, simple is exactly the word I would use when it came to describing the experience of picking out the tuxedos.

Cut to Men’s Warehouse in Ft. Collins where Doug and I sit at a desk waiting for help. The consultant comes over, she shows pictures of tuxedos to Doug and he chooses a base tuxedo. This process was 10 minutes, flat. Next, the consultant pulls out the color swatches and fabric designs for the vest/tie combos. Doug settles on a color/fabric/pattern combo for the groomsmen within 3 minutes. Not. Kidding. Cuff links? “Sure,” he says and decides on them within 10 seconds. Suspenders? Check. Shoes? Check. Wow…..and then we move on to the Groom tux…..

Doug decided on the same coat and jacket as his groomsmen. He picked out a super tasteful Calvin Kline, might I add, and it made me a proud fiancée. He actually laid his colors out to try to decide white on white, white on black, black on black, etc…..but even with the further in depth process for his own tux, we were in and out of Men’s Warehouse within an hour. It was amazing. Incredible. I am still speechless thinking about it. Speechless and impressed and proud. My man doesn’t mess around.


I can’t give you all the details of the decisions Doug made because we have to keep some things a secret, but I will tell you he picked some amazing tuxes out and maybe (just maybe) he has a shoe surprise up his sleeve…..

1 comment: