Monday, September 20, 2010

Quickly Catching Up!


Man I am sure sucking it up at keeping up on this thing so far! Major things happening since the last post: the engagement party and the dress pick up! First and foremost, thank you to all of you who traveled from near and far to be at the engagement party. It meant so much to both Doug and I to be surrounded by the people we love and for those people to meet all the other people we love! What a wonderful blessing it is that weddings bring us all together like that! Well, I mean that part and the whole eternity with someone thing. That’s a blessing too.

My Mom threw a FABULOUS engagement BBQ. Doug’s parents as well as his sister and her little family came in from Rock Springs (THANK YOU!) and the weather cooperated perfectly. We ordered hamburgers from the butcher and despite the fact that I told him we were having a BBQ at 2:00 pm – they were frozen upon pick up. Talk about a disaster. 40 hungry people to feed and frozen burger patties! I am convinced that one of these events is going to go off without a hitch….just not sure which one! Anyway, we made it work and a good time was had by all!!

So remember my previous post where I said that my dress would not be in until December 6th? Well, David’s Bridal lied. It was the best lie they have ever told though because it came early!!!! I was SUPER STOKED to pick it up so Mom, myself and two of my bridesmaids headed to FoCo for the honors.

Well, maybe not honors because remember how traumatizing picking the dress out was? Well, it didn’t get better. We arrived and they provided me with the customary trying on undergarments and after squeezing this fat roll, pulling up both boobs, sucking it in and letting out a giant puff of air we managed to get me all done up in my princess wear. I stepped out of the dressing room and expected to see complete and exquisite beauty – I did not. What I saw was a giant, fat marshmallow that looked to be carrying triplets in the belly region of giant baby marshmallows.

Before a mental breakdown ensued we quickly decided that the slip I was wearing to try it on provided a whole lot more poof than the one I was wearing the first time and after a new slip and a few more deep breaths, I tried again. Step in front of the mirror, prepare for perfection and see………………….ugh. JUST ME again! My ever practical Mom said something along the lines of “tuck your boobs in and get a tan.” I cried, again. I also want all the women out there to know, white washes you out, hard core. It is about the least flattering color on the planet. Be prepared.

So the dress is sitting quietly at my Mom’s house in the closet wrapped neatly in its garment bag waiting for the day we do the fitting. I am over the emotional hurdle of accepting the dress I spent a zillion dollars on. I really do love you dress, I really do, but I am starting to feel like YOU don't love ME! I had a talk with my boobs and they agreed to try to stay small so I don’t look as huge. Oh, and dress, if you are listening: Please, please, please be kind to me in 89 days. Please.

5 comments:

  1. Uhh... hate to break it to you sweetie, but your boobs are anything but small!! You just have to keep those gazongas under control! hahaha! It will all be lovely and perfect just like you! I love you! R-E-L-A-X!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your engagement!! What an exciting time in your life. Don't stress about the dress...it will all come together. You'll be beautiful to your future hubby no matter what and his opinion is the only one that counts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayz
    Do you still want the sister dress??? I really will send it if you want it! I love you and I am so looking forward to being there on your big day!
    Love
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop stressing! I know you will be a beautiful bride, and the boob thing, remember who you are marrying....love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph! YES! I want to wear it at the temple!

    ReplyDelete