Tuesday, November 19, 2013

10 Things You Never Knew About ME!


I’m extending my Facebook life to my blog for the moment. I am incapable of telling things in a short, concise way. I love words too much. So I liked multiple of these “Things You Don’t Know About Me” lists, and then proceeded to ignore the numbers people gave me. I figured I would finally hop on the bandwagon though because it has been fun for me to read other people’s facts. I got all sorts of numbers from 21 to 7 to 14 to 2 so I am splitting the difference and doing 10!

1) Everyone keeps telling me that I will feel the need to have a baby as I age, but it is actually working in the opposite direction for me. The older I get, the less I want a baby. The older I get, the happier I get, the more content with my life, the closer to my husband I grow, and I know nothing of this biological clock that people speak of.

2) I have about one handful of actual, really close friends.  I have a lot of friends, but I took it to heart once when I read that it was more important to have a small, reliable circle than a large, flakey circle. Plus, my family is so huge that through my cousins, I have countless amounts of friends and support.

3) I have many, many treasured Christmas memories, but my absolute favorite holiday was last year when we decided to forgo buying gifts, cooking big dinners, and the stress of creating the perfect holiday, and instead took a vacation.  What I learned was that TIME was the absolute best gift we can give our loved ones. Time away from the world, with no cell phones, no computers, no distractions, but rather glorious sun, a beautiful ocean, constant laughter, and conversations to renew connections established so many years ago we’d forgotten them.  I would spend every holiday in my life like that one.

4) I absolutely hate how cliché this sounds, so I don’t say it often, but I didn’t know what real, true, healthy love felt like until My Douggie came into my life.

5) I love to visit.  Not in the travel and go somewhere to spend time with you sense, but in the sit down, let an entire afternoon pass us by, engage in non-stop hours of chatting kind of visit.

6) I legitimately ponder on a fairly regular basis (any time I see one) why “selfies” are the most flattering photos. Anyone?

7) I have a burning desire to learn how to crochet. Or knit. Because I don’t know the difference. But I would like to make wonderful, glorious Afghans for cozying up in.

8) I love a good scandal or conspiracy theory, but only when it doesn’t directly touch or threaten my life. I suppose it’s a shameful thing to admit! The bunker under DIA, Area 51, The Royals possibly arranging Princess Di’s car “accident,” the list goes on and on!

9) I never, ever know lyrics to songs. I think I know them, I sing them, and then I am always, always wrong.  For example, the line goes, “I love rock and roll, so put another dime and in the juke box baby.” I sing, “I love rock and roll, so shake and wiggle to the hip hop baby.” This entire statement is invalid when referring to Eminem: my guilty pleasure. I am not joking when I tell you I can rap every word right along with him.  Less than a handful of people have heard me spitting rhymes, but they are a lucky few!

10) I desperately want to move to The South.  My husband would rather die, but Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama…they’re calling my name!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment