Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dear July, I won't miss you.

Remember how I said I wouldn't repeat July if my life depended on it? Well, yeah, I still feel that way. We made a quick trip to Rock Springs last weekend to see Douggie's family.  It was a nice trip and so good to see everyone, but like most things in life, too fast! This is a picture of Doug and I with his Grandparents. I totally stole it off my mother-in-law's facebook because time passed so fast I forgot to take my own pictures.
Doug's poor Grandpa decided my name was too difficult to remember so he decided to call me "Jake." I, personally, thought this was utterly hilarious. I must look slightly like a man! ;-)

Doug's sister also made this Cookies'n'Cream cake that was, quite frankly, one of the best deserts I have ever had. I should have taken a picture of it but I was too busy scarfing it down my face.  I ate three pieces of it, no lie.  My weigh in this week will probably reflect my pigging out, but it was so delicious I didn't even care!

After our quick return home, I worked one day and then headed back on the road to Casper for my Dad's heart surgery. Everything went swimmingly and he is expected to be back to his old self again some day...if he follows all the doctor's orders for recovery! He is going to have to learn to shoot with his other hand though, no more shotgun recoil is allowed on the left side of his chest...imagine that, eh?  This is him right after his surgery with me....he would probably kill me if he knew I put this picture up but since Dad does not navigate the interwebs, I think I am safe for now. July started with the scare of a lifetime when Dad had his heart attack and it is ending with a bright light shining through the tunnel. Grateful for the prayers and power of the Lord? Yes, yes I am.
The drive home from Casper was slightly dangerous as it was dusk for the first half and full on dark for the second half and I nearly ended the lives of at least 3 different deer.  Good thing I am a ninja driver in the bean because I spared their lives....AND I spared the bean from certain death.

I also decided that Clorox is my new best friend.  It is a the best stinking cleaning agent around. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment