Monday, July 18, 2011

And Then It Was July....

I think in 10 years if someone asked me if I would be interested in re-living the month of July from 2011 I would politely decline their offer with a big, fat HELL NO!!!!!!!!

The husband and I went camping over the 4th of July weekend, which started out to be a really super fun time. However, about halfway through our stay, word came up the mountain that my father was having a heart attack.  The 30 minutes it took to drive to service to get updated information were the longest seconds of my life.  When we got to a service area, Dad was stable and going into surgery the next day.  For now everything is ok and he is at home resting.  There will be follow up appointments and one follow up surgery but the details in the medical world are so often to wait that I am learning to be patient, say lots of prayers and trust that the doctors are taking good care of him.  I went to spend a day with him that week and this photo was taken at that time. Technically, he probably shouldn’t have been in the horse corral, but when has he ever been a rule follower?
This is my lovely husband and I camping before the bad news.  This 4th of July tiara my Mommy purchased for me and I think it is the best thing, well, ever.
After our whirlwind camping trip and buzzing to Riverton for a day, we spent the following weekend in Denver for Maggie’s wedding. This weekend also happened to be Doug’s birthday so we squeezed in some birthday festivities as well.  The wedding was very small and quick so I didn’t get the chance to snap any pictures of us at the wedding itself but here is a photo of us on the way to the wedding and below is one of us with Douggie’s birthday brownie from Dave and Buster’s.

The most awesome benefit of the weekend in Denver was getting to see my BFF. There is something so much better about quality face time then texting and calling. I love seeing her face, it refreshed and energizes me and it’s an awfully beautiful face, too!
We watched Transformers 3 in IMAX 3-D and headed home the next morning.  I suck and didn’t get a picture of it but we went to my Mom’s for BBQ for Doug’s birthday and had a fruit tart for his “cake”!  He got home to the surprise of this birthday present:
He was pretty excited so I would say all in all; it was a fabulous birthday/wedding/BFF reunion weekend.

The week after all that (which was just this past week) Doug worked every stupid night from 3-11 and since I work a regular 8-5 I didn’t get to see him at all because on Thursday afternoon, Mom and I packed our gear up and headed to Southern Idaho for the Tucker family reunion.  It was SO HOT there, but we had a really great time. It was nice to catch up with people and see everyone.  It made me miss my Granny but I know she was watching over us from heaven.  I always thought I looked an awful lot like the people from my Dad’s side of the family, but this weekend my Mom took this picture of me with my Great Aunt Linda and let me tell you what, I suddenly saw that I do, in fact, look like that side of the family as well!
It was a super, super quick trip and we hope to go back sometime soon and stay a little longer. Might I suggest sometime that it isn’t 90 degrees on the cool part of the day?

We made the long trek home Saturday night/Sunday morning but Doug left for Denver for Mayhem on Sunday morning.  This is how he spent his day:


He didn’t get home until 3:00 a.m. so I have still not really spent any amount of quality time with him, but he has tonight off of work so I’m pretty excited about it. Maybe I can convince him to take me on a date!

Next weekend my siblings were going to be in Cheyenne but due to some medical issues arising at the last minute they won’t be coming and I am quite sad about this business.  However, Doug’s family will be gathered at his parent’s house this weekend so we are going to be traveling (yet AGAIN!) to visit them.

I am very grateful for the friends and family that we have and the opportunities that we have to visit them and renew our relationships with them.  However, the traveling is starting to show in the bags under my eyes and my growing waist line.  I never imagined my first summer as a married woman would be so overwhelmingly busy, but here’s to hoping for a slow fall….

No comments:

Post a Comment