Friday, May 6, 2011

It's Okay Friday!

It's Okay....

*To have missed this two weeks in a row. It was for an unbelievably good cause.

*To want to blog about aforementioned cause but need to wait for some time to pass because it was such an emotional experience.

*To want to leave Laramie some day. These winters are getting harder and harder. 45 minutes in either directions and the weather is always warmer.

*To wish I could make all my family live in the same place so that I can see them whenever I want. Maybe if I win the lottery I will buy an island for this exact purpose.

*To be a little jealous of the fact that every single niece and nephew in my life (both by blood and just the ones I claim) like my husband more than they like me. How did that HAPPEN?!?!

*To have skipped the honeymoon option 5 months ago. You see, I thought it was a waste of money at the time and besides....anniversary trips hold so much more promise.

*To have made a discovery this week that the TV networks are geniuses. I mean, they have season finales and show reruns all summer long so I can be outside enjoying life during the weather and pick up the entertainment just on time for it to snow again come September.

*To love my husband dearly but not be the most romantic person on the planet. Neither is he. It makes it more special on the occasions it does happen.

*To use a spreadsheet to budget. It may make me a nerd, but it makes me an organized, never-over-drawn nerd.

*To think farm fresh eggs are SO DELICIOUS and eat more than one or two in a sitting. I justify this by saying they aren't processed and therefore they are better for me.

*To cook a meal for my grandparents that is completely healthy with lemon baked chicken and roasted red potatoes, put in on the table, and laugh hysterically when my grandfather says, "Where is the BBQ sauce? Where is the gravy?" I wasn't even offended. I was too busy laughing.

*To love to get snail mail! I mean seriously, isn't it great when you get a letter or card in the mail?! It's awesome!

*To follow the philosophy...if it isn't broken, don't fix it. If your phone works, don't spend money on a new one. If your computer isn't as fast as the newest one on the market, too bad, it does the job, keep it. If your car is ugly but still running, don't be frivalous enough to waste the money on a new one.

Happy Friday!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have the same nieces and nephews problem, but I bet my girls still love you more! ;)And, we just got chickens for the fresh egg purpose and I wish you lived closer so I could share with you! I love you and I miss you TONS!

    ReplyDelete