Monday, December 19, 2011

From all of our Adventures: The Most Important Milestone




It's the emotional things that are always the hardest to write about: love, loss, death, happiness...you know the things you want to keep closest to your heart or the things you know words will never do justice to.  Today I'm blogging about one of those such things: My Husband.


At a time where I was lost in this world and sure I didn't deserve the things I desired the most, this incredible man walked into my life. He was patient and hilarious and kind and while I was terrified he quickly showed me that in him, there was nothing to be afraid of. So in the best decision I've ever made in my life, I married him.

Our first year of marriage has not been for the faint of heart as we have tackled broken down vehicles, busted pipes, sick family members, frustrating work schedules and difficult class loads. Through every second of my life he is the rock I need to rest upon.  I don't know what I would do without him by my side.


We spent our technical anniversary on the cruise ship (which I promise I WILL blog about) but tonight when he was on his dinner break from work, I surprised him with this anniversary dinner. We cut our cake and remembered all the promises we made for each other and prayed for many, many more years here and the eternity beyond. I love you, Douglas.

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet and I am so grateful that he found you. I think you are perfect for each other in every way. So glad you got to spend some time with each other. <3mish

    ReplyDelete